Sunday, August 26, 2007

Aatha, naan fail aayiten!

NJ driving knowledge test is supposed to be one of the toughest in the US.

Yeah, I have to say that! coz, I flunked :)I did read the manual, but should admit that I went a little over-confident. According to me, the common-sense should be able to help in this exam.
But, guess it was not enough. Or, rather I did not have enough :)

For those who are not aware of the NJ-DMV process, it is an online test for 50 questions and you have to get atleast 40 correct.Ironically, I got 39 :(

Some of the questions that bowled me out:
When is the road most slippery?1. After the first few mins of rain 2. After a heavy rainfall3. After a storm4. All of the above
When the car skids, which side will you turn the wheel? (I skipped this qn to be answered later, and see what I got next)What is the first thing you do when the car skids?

My expression was...
Venaam! Azhudhuruven!

6 comments:

b a l a j i said...

hi yadhvi,
you must have known that we, members of varutha padaadha vaalibar sangam.... undergo such things on a daily basis...

we have got used to it so much that nowadays we start doubting, if everything goes right...

idha ellam kattadurai sadhi-nu nenachikkonga

Thenraj said...

hehehe...we need to implement this kind of restrictions in our transport system...but whats the point...outside to the RTO offices there will be some lads who may be selling the question papers and some people may publish guides for passing the driving exams...

Good u are in US...and learn the traffic rules well enough to use here...po

Anonymous said...

Im in NJ too and I agree it is tough....and I got a 39 too the first time. 2nd time I got a perfect 41

Sri
cindbad@gmail.com

Yadhvi said...

Hi Sri,
Welcome to the blog. Yeah, only after we take the exam the first time, we realise waht is actually needed :)

Mukund said...

hehehe....previous year question paper edavadu irukka'nu modallaye kandu pidichirukkanum :-)

Yadhvi said...

Hi Mukund,
Good to hear from you after a long time.. back in the arena? no blogs for a long time? I shouldn't be asking this anyways :)